Ph.D Candidate Ecology and Evolution | University of Illinois at Chicago
B.S Environmental Science | DePaul University
2015- current Graduate Researcher, Wise Lab | University of Illinois at Chicago
- Taxonomic identification of microarthropods (mites, Collembola, pseudoscorpions, etc.) along a microbial resource gradient.
- DNA extraction of soil samples followed by amplicon sequencing, targeting fungal and bacterial groups.
2014 Research Assistant, Henghans Lab | DePaul University
- Under the advisory of Dr. Liam Heneghan studied soil mites distribution in urban habitats in Chicago.
- Focused research on the abundance and distribution of the soil mite Oppiella nova.
- Performed Kerosene mite extractions, in lab mite identification, and slide mounting.
2013 NSF Research Experience for Undergraduates | University of Puerto Rico at Rio Piedras
- Competitive National Science Foundation sponsored research program.
- Surveyed native and non-native ornamentals and shrubs in Puerto Rico.
- Researched the distribution of a known economically hazardous mite Brevipalpus.
- Performed on site mite extraction, in lab mite identification, slide mounting, and proposal writing.
2012 CIRRUS (Chicago Initiative for Research and Recruitment in Undergraduate Science) | DePaul University
- Competitive undergraduate research program at DePaul University.
- Researched phosphorus levels in the soil of Prairie Wolf Slough, a wetland in the Greater Chicago area.
- Performed Soluble Reactive Phosphorus test, Particle Size Analysis test, and Total Phosphorus test to analyze soil quality.
2016- current BIOS 221 Genetics laboratory TA | University of Illinois at Chicago
2014 Molecular Analysis of Trophic Interactions | University of Innsbruck, Austria
2014 Acarology Summer Program | Ohio University